The Crane School has been preparing students for heavy equipment operating certifications for more than 12 years. The key to our longtime success is our communication and teaching style. Learning how to operate a crane is not something that can be done just by reading a book. Instructor Bud Wilson has been a crane operator for many years and can communicate to his students using terminology that they can understand in ways that make learning much easier. Bud Wilson talks to students as a crane operator because our students are just that; crane operators. Highlights include :
· 35 years as a crane operator with an accident free work history
· Trained and certified (hands on and classroom) Operators for companies such as Duke Power, Mobile Oil, Martin Marietta and Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, Halliburton, SDGVE, Sempra Utilities, Boeing, Hawaiin Electric, Amron International
· Taught Crane Safety programs for OSHA Compliance Officers, Engineers, Management Personnel
· Possess extensive knowledge of OSHA & ANSI/ASME regulations governing lift equipment
· Consult with attorneys and insurance companies as Expert Witness regarding accident investigations
· Established reputation for the ability to communicate with operators
· Talent for creating a stimulating, challenging, learning environment
The Crane School offers Training Programs in:
CCO Written Exam Prep Class
Designed for CCO written exam candidates. Class consists of two, eight-hour days of classroom training designed specifically for the CCO written exam.
Practical Operating Exam
Available for Lattice Boom Cranes, Large Telescopic Boom Cranes (swing cab), and Small Telescopic Boom Cranes (fixed cab).
Crane Safety & Rigging
Designed to meet and exceed requirements of OSHA and ASME/ANSI standards. Offered as on-site training and open enrollment.
Meets and exceeds OSHA course requirements and covers a wide variety of topics for crane safety and rigging.
CCO Certified Rigger
A Rigger is the person who attaches a load to the crane using lifting attachments. A CCO Certified Rigger has received certification from the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators.
CCO Certified Signal Person
Learn the standard hand and voice signals and everything you need to know to become a certified Signal Person. Signalpersons are now required to have NCCCO certification or training provided by an audited internal employer training program.
The Crane School is a sponsor of Sims Crane & Equipment’s Safety Seminar on January 11th, 2012.